Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2016

#floatingcolors





The longer I quilt, the more I find that hand-piecing is my true love.  I love the rhythm of it - having a bunch of teeny pieces of beautiful fabric always near, the feeling of the fabric and the needle in my hand, my little leather thimble...

When I first started quilting, hand-piecing took too long.  I needed to make, to complete, to finish.  I would find inspiration in beautiful hand-sewn quilts, but I didn't see how I could possibly spend so much time on just one top!



But now... well now I am sewing these teeny tiny pieces of fabric together with the plan of making a king-sized quilt.  Because I love them.  And because not everything in life needs to be rushed.



1 comment:

  1. Your pieces and photography are absolutely beautiful. It's interesting how your perspective on hand quilting has changed.

    ReplyDelete