Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2016

#christmasonacid

Well I didn't meet my goal to finish this quilt by December 1st.  But sometimes you have to prioritize a quilt for someone else over a quilt for yourself.  And I think I've made enough  progress on my #christmasonacid quilt that I can get it done before Christmas!



I found this fabulous clashy-bright dot fabric at JoAnn, and it is just perfect for my aesthetic for this quilt.  I have always thought there is such a thing as "ugly beautiful" - something about things that shouldn't work together, or things that aren't pretty on their own... but when they come together they somehow make something that is just beautiful.  



































And so I pieced together a back, leaving enough of the dot to make binding.  And I quilted it in a simple cross hatch, one of my favorites.  Now to trim, bind, and get it ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment