Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2016

oops



So I broke my rule already -- I started another quilt.  BUT this one is a gift, with a deadline.  So it will be finished before the end of the year.   Some friends are getting married at the end of December, a date they chose in part due to uncertainty about what 2017 will hold.  And as I process my jumble of feelings at the end of this year, making them a quilt out of a rainbow of colors to celebrate love has seemed like something I can actually DO.  And so I picked fabrics, and cut strips. 



Using the scrappy trip tutorial from Bonnie Hunter, I quickly sewed strips together and then sub-cut, pressed and sewed again.


And in what seems like no time, I have a quilt top!  The scrappy trip is the only quilt pattern I have ever made more than once, and I still love it each and every time.  Now to get it basted, quilted, bound and ready to be gifted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment