Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

thisclose

When I started working on floating colors, I set aside my liberty quilt.  I was SO close to being done with the blocks, I even cancelled my monthly Liberty subscription because I knew I had enough diamonds left to finish the blocks.  And so to find some motivation again, I laid out what I have so far.




There are a few blocks that are not going to make the final cut.  Since I need several half-blocks to fill out the edges, I may unpick the center seams on a few of them to use on the outside.  And some may just be worked into the back.  Or destined to end up in the orphan block bin...

And I have made a couple more blocks that I love.



Seeing how close I am to a top has motivated me, sort of.  I've made a deal with myself that I need to sew at least one of these blocks a week, but I'm aiming for two.  Especially because these eight sets represent the last blocks I need to choose a final layout and start stitching together the top.








No comments:

Post a Comment